Monday, May 11, 2009

I know. . .finally

So obviously I am super behind on blogging about my bridal shower. Shame on me right. Well...the shower was wonderful and I just finally got my Thank you cards handed out or mailed today. There was a really good turnout so that made me happy and everything looked nice. Beth did a really nice job with everything. One of the best moments was when Michael's sister, Laura, walked in. She lives up near Chicago and said she wasn't going to be able to make it down. . but she did, and brought Amelia with her. Michael's mom, my mom, and Beth all knew that she was actually coming and the secret was actually kept. I was really surprised and happy to see them! The following are pictures of me with people from Michael's side of the family. Becky has some pictures of our side of the family and I tried to get them from her, but the cd she gave me didn't work...so I will have to get those and post some of them later. Amelia sitting on Micki's lap. She is getting so big so fast. She was excited to be there on a trip with just her and her mom.

Lets see, this next pic is Michael's mom, Theresa, Laura, Amelia and I.

These are the flowers that Beth made for all of the tables. They are pom-pom flowers. I think some of these are what I am going to use as my bouquet for the rehearsal and the ones that are just red/black/white I am actually going to use as centerpieces at the wedding reception.

And then this is the massive piles of gifts I got to open. I honestly felt kind of awkward sitting in front of everyone opening up presents. Michael and I were very lucky though and received a lot of wonderful gifts.
It's kind of funny because the one thing that people are still talking about from the shower is the food. Beth had lots of delicious desserts. The following is a list of what she made.
Oreo Truffles
Brownie Candy Cups
Poppy Seed Cake
Blueberry Crumb Bars
Red Velvet Oreos
Cherry Cream Cheese Turnovers
Golden Oreo Truffles
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Bars
White Chocolate Macademia Nut Cookies
It was all yum and there were lots left over too. I think my favorite things were all of the things that had fruit. . .the cherry turnovers, the blueberry crumb bars (absolutely loved these!!), and the raspberry cheesecake bars.
She had a lot of recipe requests for the delicious food!
Lets see. . . .what else has been going on since the shower. . . not much really, just wedding planning and trying to keep my house clean. We went and hung out around the bonfire at Waylon and Jessica's last weekend, so that was nice and relaxing. It was colder though that day and silly me had capris on so I was absolutely freezing!!
We went out with a group of friends for Cinco de Mayo. We just went to Cielito Lindo's, but it was a lot of fun. I had two Bahama Mama's and finished a small pitcher of margarita's for someone. It was fun.
Nothing much else, except that I am exhausted and want to go to bed. Michael and I got up early this morning and walked and then this evening we met up with some friends and we walked the track at MSU. Then ran quite a bit also, but I only ran a little.
Beth and I are going out to eat and to see a movie this Saturday, so I am looking forward too that. I am pretty sure we are going to go see 'Angels and Demons' because we have both read and really liked the book. I don't know where we are going to eat yet, but I think we are going to do a bit of work on some wedding stuff also.
Well. . .I think that's all for now. Michael and I need to get up and go to the gym in the morning, so I think I am going to call it a day!
I will try to not let such a lapse occur before I am back again!
Lisa

No comments: