Friday, May 22, 2009

Shop til ya drop. . .

Today after work I met up with my mom and sister, Becky, to go shopping. We were looking for dresses for the two of them to wear to my wedding and a dress for me to wear to Shawn and Karlee's wedding next Saturday. It was an exhausting trip! We also had Trey and Taylor with us so by the end of the night they were ready to hit the hay!

We went to Kohls first because I wanted to buy luggage. Michael and I did not have any so with some money that we received at the bridal shower I went and bought luggage for us. Isn't it pretty! The set was normally $229 but I got it on sale for $89! Some of you are probably thinking Michael is not going to be too happy with me when he sees that purple luggage. . .but don't worry because I am not that crazy. I got a set for each of us and I think Michael will be perfectly content with the nice gray color I bought for him.


Everyone bought something at Kohls, but no one got a dress there. We grabbed some dinner real quick and then headed to the mall. Becky found a pretty dress at JCPenney's, and us other two found dresses at Dillards. Mine is brown with blue swirls all over it. . .it is really pretty and actually fairly comfortable, which I was not expecting. Bonus! Now I just need to get shoes and any accessories I might want. *smile* We did go into RackRoom shoes, where I did not purchase any shoes. . . but bought this cute purse instead. I absolutely love, love, love it. I have been thinking that I wanted to get a white purse and this was the first place I looked all day with one I liked!
After the mall we ran to Marshalls and TJMaxx where my mom found a different dress that I think she likes more, so she might be returning the one to Dillards. We were all ready to call it a night by then and Trey said he wanted to go home so we called it quits.
Michael is out with his friend Quay and who knows when those two will call it a night. I think its just about time for me to though. I am so happy it is Memorial Day weekend and I don't have to work on Monday. Today was already a good, productive day and there are still 3 more full days left. That makes me HAPPY!!
Well, lots of little wedding details to work on tomorrow and my house is in desperate need of a good cleaning!!! We are heading to a cookout at Josh and Heather's tomorrow afternoon so I need to get my butt out of bed in the morning and get some stuff done!!
That's all for now. . toodles!
Lisa

No comments: