Friday, February 20, 2009

California Dreamin'

I am getting really excited to go to California in June/July! I got this travel guide in the mail the other day and I keep looking at it thinking about what we should do while we are spending 2 whole weeks in sunny California!


I have also spent quite a bit of time online searching flight/car/hotel options. I think I have found the best flight and car options so that is wonderful news. . .now I just need to get Michael in here with his credit card to book them. **smile** Honestly though I am ready to go back and sit on the beach and listen to the ocean. I have only experienced that once about 2 years ago. It's kind of ironic that the second time will be in the OC, which is where the first time was so I will be seeing the same beaches (++much more!!). The first time was for a work trip back in April 2007. There are many things I am looking forward to. . .the beach, Disneyland (my first time!!), Mission San Juan Capistrano, spending 2 weeks with Michael, the barbershop music, and crashing in a wonderful comfy bed at the Hilton!! We are going to try to get the Hilton anyway for the week that the Barbershop Convention is going on. . .if not that then the Marriott. The rest of the time will probably be spent in much cheaper hotels, but that is okay.

I cannot believe I haven't blogged in 9 days. Shame on me! Lets see. . . what else has happened since then. . .the Singing Valentines all went well. I ended up not really helping very much, but I don't think they really needed me. Michael came with a quartet the Friday before Valentines Day and sang to me at work. It is getting less embarrassing as the years go by. . .considering this is the fourth time. . . but I am pretty sure my face was still quite red.

I did this one scrapbook page sometime within the last week. It is the three different shots I took of my Christmas tree and I love this paper. It is **fun** Ki Memories paper that Beth picked up over a year ago. There was a specific snowflake paper that I bought winter 2007 for a scrapbook "Date Night" book Beth and I did for my parents full of different gift cards. I really loved the paper and wanted to go back and buy some for myself but I couldn't find it for several months. Beth finally found it in a big Ki Memories paper pack full of different holiday papers, so she bought the pack and we split it. All of the paper is fun, pretty colors and I think I am going to try to use all the coordinating Christmas paper for all of my Christmas 2008 pages. It is mainly a couple different shades each of red, green, and pink with some other accent colors. This one I pulled the pinks out, so I will have to pull the green and red out of the others.

I am sitting here listening to the Moulin Rouge soundtrack for the first time in a while. I forgot how much I like this CD and listening to it makes me want to watch the movie!

I work tomorrow which is stinky, but after work Michael and I are heading out to Fordland for the evening. I think I am going to gather up some wedding stuff to take out there and work on. I know I have said before that I was going to be ordering my invitations soon. . .but I never did. I have every intention of getting that done tomorrow after I ask my mom and sisters for some opinions on a couple things. I'll have to see what other things I can round up to work on out there tomorrow. . . maybe some craft things. We will have to see.

On Sunday after church Michael and I are going to see The Music Man at the Gillioz Theatre here in Springfield. I love to see plays and shows and it does not happen near enough. I am also really excited though to go inside the Gillioz because I never have.

Well. . . I think that is it for me tonight. I actually want to try and head to bed earlier tonight but we'll see how that goes.
Once again,
Lisa

Oh yeah. . .I had mentioned last time that I was going to be meeting my mom briefly to go over my reception layout and food ideas. . . that 'brief' meeting turned into a THREE HOUR wedding discussion while sitting at Subway. I reeked of 'Subway scent' after leaving. I noticed the next day that even my purse smelled like it. . .still!!

No comments: