Tuesday, August 10, 2010

fleming & john...

So yesterday I was searching my music folders on my computer and found a folder where I had downloaded the CD, but never moved it over to itunes.  This CD got tons and tons and tons of play when I was younger, specifically through high school.  I listened to the songs again and was surprised that I still knew most of the lyrics...so I was sitting at my computer singing along at the top of my lungs.  Great times!  Kind of makes me want to pull out all of my old CD's and sing my heart out! 

Anyway, the group is Fleming & John who haven't done anything knew in years...but I still love em!  This is one of my favorite songs along with the video thanks to youtube!  Enjoy...

I'm Not Afraid


What did you think?  That is the only official music video that they have on youtube...but this is another of my favorites and it is so pretty.  It doesn't have a video but that's ok...love the very beginning and the first line, "We got nothing but tomorrow to keep us from today."

Rain All Day


The last song I am going to share has a really funny Sims video along with it that someone created.  I have never played the Sims, no idea how to do this, but it is very creative!

Ugly Girl


Why does it always seem so much worse when a guy dumps you for an ugly girl...like it really makes it easier if she is prettier than you.  Crazy...

Ah, the high school memories ;) 

Some others that are great: Delusions of Grandeur, Love Songs, Letters in my Head, A Place Called Love....oh who am I kidding, the whole Delusions of Grandeur CD is great!  I never actually had their other CD, The Way We Are.  Hmmm....I wonder if I can buy it on itunes :)


Saw Fleming & John in concert with Lauren forever ago at the fair in Springfield, MO.  Between their concert and making fun of the wide variety of fair-goers (come on...you know you've done it too) I remember it being a blast!  Do you remember that Lauren?

Well...that's all I have for now.  I have got to get to bed earlier than I have the last couple nights!

Later, Lis

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Of Course I remember that! We had so much fun that night. Remember how the bands family was sitting right behind us?

Lisa and Michael said...

I didn't until you said that but now I do. Sometimes I think my memories are fading because I can't even remember if it was just the two of us or who else was there with us. Do you remember?

Lauren said...

I think Laura, and Gabe...maybe Coral...or maybe I'm wrong...and it was just the two of us...I don't know...my memories are fading too :(