Friday, August 6, 2010

Stranded at the drive-in...

Ok, so not really but that's the song it makes me want to sing.  Michael and I are fortunate because we have great friends in Kansas City who let us crash at their house the night before our flight to Philadelphia!  We always have a good time when we are hanging out with Jake and Laura and this time was no exception. 

They took us to Em Chamas where Michael and I both had our first Brazilian Grill experience with the whole red/green sided disc.  There is a Brazilian Grill in Springfield but we have never been there.  It was fun and really good, but we waited a while for a particular type of meat and got so tired of hearing all of the others offering up their meats.  The one we were waiting for was provolone stuffed steak or something like that and O M G was it delicious! 


I was quite impressed that Michael was able to get all four of us into this shot and it doesn't look half bad!
Hmmm...looks like he is having some mischevious thoughts :)
After eating we went back to their house where we relaxed a bit and played some crossbow game on their Wii.  I was terrible at it and Jake kicked everyone's butt.  Then it was time to leave again and we went to a double feature at the Twin Drive-in.  This is a drive-in movie theatre that is near their house and as I mentioned in my last post I really wish I had gotten a picture of the sign because it looked really cool!  Maybe next time... anyway, the following are the pictures that I did take.  We watched Grown Ups with Adam Sandler and The Karate Kid with Jayden Smith (not sure if that's how they spell Jayden).  Grown Ups was funny but not as funny as other Adam Sandler movies I have seen.  I thought The Karate Kid was really good.  It followed the main storyline of the original Karate Kid, but of course they couldn't deviate too much from that :)
We didn't actually use these speakers because they don't work anymore, but I think its cool that they still left them all there on the lot.  You had to tune into a specific radio station for the audio.
I loved seeing this vintage 'Intermission Time' video! It reminded me of Grease, when Danny is "stranded at the drive-in, branded a fool. What will they say, Monday at school. Sandy...." I love that movie!  The above is just a screen shot from that night, but you can watch the whole thing below.  Very nostalgic. 


Well, that's all I have for now.  I am finishing up this post while sitting at work.  I get off in about 30 min and then I am meeting up with Beth to go have dinner and do some running around. 

Until then,
Lis

1 comment:

MR Hillenburg said...

Love, those are some great pics of Jake and Laura. It is always a fun time with them. We need to have them down for some PH grill on our back deck. :o)