Sunday, December 21, 2008

A short weekend

This weekend has just seemed incredibly short. After I got off of work on Friday, Michael and I met up and did some Christmas shopping and other errand running. We did get almost all of our Christmas shopping done!! There are just a few little things we still need to pick up. We also need to go look at coats and pick out a coat because we decided we were going to buy each other a new coat for Christmas. We looked a little on Friday. . .but did not buy anything.

Saturday we slept in and then after I got up I ran to Wal-Mart to get groceries. . . that place was crazy! I was so happy when I was done and finally able to leave. After I got home I had to make Baked Potato Skins because that is what I was planning to take to my Office Christmas party that night. The party was just us women in Finance and our significant others. We had drawn names for a Secret Santa gift and mine got me a Hobby Lobby gift card. Yeah! I can always use that. We mostly ate and played some games. After getting home last night I stayed up waaayy too late watching Friends and wrapping Christmas presents.

I have all ten seasons of Friends and it had been awhile since I saw any of them. I have been watching that a lot lately which is no good. I chose a bad time of year to get involved in that.

Today we got up fairly early and went to church. It was a good service with lots of Christmas music. After church we delivered tins of cookies to some friends and family. It was nice stopping by and visiting with everyone for a bit.

Now we are home again and I have tons of laundry to do. I would love to get it all done tonight, but I know that is not going to happen. I also have lots of dishes to wash, but that doesn't sound fun at all.

I actually kind of want to scrapbook, but 9pm is not going to be a good time for me to start on that because I will end up staying up way too late and I need to get a good night's sleep.

I only work 2 1/2 days this week so that makes me happy. Tuesday is Beth's birthday and I am excited to give her Birthday present to her. I think she will like it. . . and I had fun putting it together. I will let you know what it is after I give it to her on Tuesday.

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day we will be spending in Fordland with my family. Michael's sister and her family will arrive in town late on Christmas Day, so we will be spending the few days after Christmas mostly out in Pleasant Hope.

I am really going to try to start posting on here more frequently. Maybe that should be a New Year's Resolution. . . . speaking of which, I think I am going to do really bad on my resolutions for this year. . . but we'll save that for another day.

Lisa

No comments: