Sunday, December 14, 2008

I found a little Christmas. . concerts, cookies, and trees

Be prepared. . .I think this is going to be a fairly long post with lots of pictures. I guess that's what happens when I skip blogging for three weeks. I did have good reasons though. . .the first week I had forgotten the power cords to my laptop out at my parents, so my computer was dead. Then I got sick, and then I really wanted to get my tree up which meant some cleaning and rearranging. Plus. . .this time of year is always just so, so busy. But I love it!


Michael and I went to see Casting Crowns on 12/2. It was AMAZING! It had multiple other people performing also though, some of which I could have done without, but they were awesome. Casting Crowns has some really, really great songs and I think "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day" is one of my new favorite Christmas songs. It is beautiful! When we went to go see Casting Crowns, Michael started heading up to the ticket booth which really confused me because we already had our tickets. Turns out he had decided that he wanted to get tickets to go see Jim Brickman, who was going to be in town on 12/6. So he bought the tickets and we went to that show, which was also really great. He is such an incredible piano player. And Tracy Sullivan is also amazing on his electic violin. A couple of my favorite songs were The Gift, Coming Home for Christmas, and Peace. My only problem was I was already sick by that point and I don't really remember much of it. I almost made him find someone else to go with, but I decided I wanted to go. I am sure I looked like poo, but oh well.After being to those two concerts and listening to the (mostly) Christmas music, I was in the mood to put up my Christmas tree. So I worked on getting that put up last week. I worked on it over the course of a few different evenings after I got home from work. These are some pictures that I snapped yesterday before heading out to Fordland to work on cookies.

The three different shots were all took at the same time, just with different settings on. I think I am going to use the three pictures together on a scrapbook page for my Christmas tree. I really like the third one with just the greens being picked up in the picture.
For our annual Cookie baking day this year, Beth and I decided we were going to take more pictures of people and not really of the cookies because we have focused mostly on pictures of the cookies for the last couple years.
Taking a break from baking for a quick shot ( not so quick really. . .I think I took 4 before I got a good one)
Cole is always so somber in pictures. I tried. . . but I just could not get him smiling.
Laura and Shawn got a new dog, Betsy, that she brought over to my parents house while we were baking. My first comment to the dog was, "you are ugly", but I said it in a sweet voice so as not to hurt Betsy's feelings. :)
My mom **hates** having her picture taken, but I think this is a good picture of her.

Me with Sasha. . . this little girl makes me want to have a baby. . . oh, Michael. . . Also, we had to retake this picture because the first one caught my mom in the background licking her fingers, which doesn't look so well when we are making cookies to give to people (in actuality, she was licking her fingers on her way to the sink where she then washed her hands. . .I think)

Becky and Laura with Cole and Sasha after her nap, I had another picture like this with Beth in the background giving them distant rabbit ears, but the Laura and Becky didn't look good in that one. . . too bad.

Poor Beth. . .just wanted to give us more work to do. Just kidding. She hurt her foot at a friends house on Friday night and didn't think she needed to go to the doctor. By the time she got to my parents on Saturday morning, her foot was swollen, bruised, and she was in a lot of pain, so my dad ran her up to the Doctors clinic in Fordland. He said it may be fractured, so she now has crutches, is not supposed to put any weight on it, and is supposed to keep it elevated as much as possible. Since she couldn't stand and bake, she got to do the menial tasks like unwrapping the chocolates for the candy and rolling cookies in sugar. . . I don't really think she minded too much though. I am sure that she feels at bad for not being able to really help us much. . .at least there is a strong chance she feels bad. . . at least a little

Another picture of Sasha

Becky and Hugh were going down to Silver Dollar City last night with his family, so she cut out early from the cookie baking. She did already have 2 of her 3 kinds done though, and the third one was a work in process. Shane and Trey are so loud when they are together and *so* cute here hugging each other bye. I missed it the first time and then we had to convince them to hug each other again so I could get a picture. Trey was very excited about going to Silver Dollar City and was ready to head out the door.

These are all of the cookies that we made. . . 14 different kinds ( was supposed to be 15, but with Beth being injured we cut out one of the more complicated ones she was supposed to do. . .the pinwheels). This is my tray of cookies that I am taking to work tomorrow. . .assuming the weather does not keep me at home. It is supposed to ice and snow on and off for the next four days. . .starting sometime this afternoon or evening.
In addition to the tray I am taking to work, these are all the tins of cookies that I made up to give to people. I was so ready to be done with cookies yesterday after baking all day and then making up the tins. Luckily, Mama helped me with the tins so I could head home.
Well. . . I think that is about it. Now I really need to get off of here and start cleaning my house. My kitchen, bathroom, and living room are fairly clean. I just need to straighten up a few things, but the two bedrooms are a disaster. I was hoping to get then straightned up and then do some scrapbooking today, but I am not sure that is going to happen. The back bedroom (office/craft room/my clothes depository/wedding collection/junk room) is really a horrible mess. . . Beth walked up here the other day and was like, Oh My Gosh! because it is so bad. I am really feeling like scrapbooking right now, but since that is the room I scrapbook in. . . the mess would just be zapping my creative energy. You may say BS, but its the truth. I cannot scrapbook in a messy area. . . I can make it a mess while scrapbooking, but even then it gets to a certain point I have to clean up before I can do another page.
So I guess I should go clean. . . Hmmmm. . . . where to start???
Lisa
Oh, and I am also kind of freaking out because yesterday the "6-months to our wedding" date passed and I do not feel like I have nearly enough accomplished.
And, I found out yesterday, Laura started a blog so I need to find out what her site is so I can look at it.
Now I am really going. . . .

No comments: