Friday, October 24, 2008

Today is Friday! Today is Friday!

I am so happy that today is Friday! I have been looking forward to the weekend all week long and I am so glad that it is finally here! Michael will get home from work in about two hours and then we are heading down to Branson to see SIX. Michael had mentioned seeing his show back in August while we were down in Branson, but we never made it there. I decided this week that we needed to go asap because their Christmas show starts 11/1/08 and we would rather see their normal show. Michael wasn't really surprised though, as soon as he knew I bought tickets to a show in Branson he knew which one it was. Oh well. It should be fun.

We now have the office at work all decorated as the Cotton Club, which if you do not know was a famous speakeasy/jazz club in Harlem in the 1920's. I will take some pictures next week to post. As a thank you for putting it all together, my boss gave me a walmart gift card which was unexpected and very much appreciated.

I still need to finish up my costume. Yikes! I am running out of time because our "Halloween in the Halls" at work is on the 30th. I am heading back out to Fordland tomorrow to hopefully finish up my costume. I still need to purchase a wig also. I ran by a couple Halloween stores after work today, but neither had this wig that I want. I should have ordered it online a while back. I might check the shipping time and still order it.

Not much else going on. Decided not to do fall engagement pictures after all. I think we'll do that next fall as our first family picture and send out in Christmas cards. Maybe. We might still do professional engagement pictures, but not until after the new year (need to think of some good places to do them around Feb. . .hmmmm??).

I have been playing on the Wii and the Wii Fit quite a bit. My arms are really sore from the Wii sports games. I think I will be happy with the Wii Sports game and the games with the Fit until Christmas, but I might ask for a new game for Christmas. . .maybe something like Dance, Dance, Revolution.

Random fun thing: What's in my purse today? (Total copy from one of my favorite blogs)
1. Pink Clinique cosmetic bag (carries lots of random things, hair ties, tylenol, tissue, comb, etc.)

2. Paper tickets for the SIX show Michael and I are going to tonight

3. Planner (I should use it all the time, but I go through phases, right now is one of them)

4. Real Simple credit card/business card holder

5. Voter ID card with polling place change that I got in the mail today

6. Sunglasses (never leave home without them. . .or at least I try not to)

7. Pentel RSVP pens. . .x3 (these are my favorite pens, I think Beth's also)

8. Softlips. . .x2 (The best chapstick/lipgloss ever!)

9. Alltel Hue phone. . . I want to upgrade but I can't yet

10. Wallet

11. Keys

12. Camera was also in my purse because I usually carry it with me. Never know when a good photo op will be.

. . . and that's all. Plenty though isn't it. I've heard multiple times that I carry too much crap in my purse, but that's me. Apparently I am not happy unless my purse weighs a ton :)

Well, I should get going. Need to get ready for tonight.

Lisa


No comments: