Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Cotton Club

Tonight was our Halloween event at work and these are a few pictures I snapped of the decorations and my flapper costume. Its hard to tell, but the sign is yellow with gold glitter around the outside. A pic of our counter at the office. I can't take credit for the piano keys. It was Nicole's idea and it looks really good.
This was our stage. It looked so great with the instruments and the red curtains. Our microphone is actually our coat hanger at work that we dismantled.
I had an oversize deck of cards that we made a whole bunch of poker hands with and old poker chips that we glued up everywhere. The names going down the filing cabinets are hard to read but it is all jazz musicians/singers from the 20's.
The four flappers and Tiffin was our dude.

Close up of me in my flapper attire. Me pretending to sing into our microphone.

The whole day today was fun. No one really felt like working and we were all wandering around taking pictures of each other. There were some pictures taken today that I really need to get a copy of. The Career Services Dept. did the 50's and the Admissions Dept. did Gilligan's Island. They all looked so great! It was fun handing out candy to all of the kids that come parading through the school, but after doing it there I have no interest in handing it out at home. I think Michael and I are escaping out to his parents tomorrow night and then Saturday we are going to a costume party so I am going to get all decked out in my flapper attire again. I think I might be wearing different shoes though. . . my feet are killing me right now from the shoes I was wearing today.

I gotta go get something done. Hopefully will write more soon.

Lisa

No comments: