Saturday, October 4, 2008

And 'poof'. . there goes another month

So it has been a month since I have posted on here. I am a bad blogger. Well, here are just a couple things that have occupied my time in the last month.
1. Work
2. Wedding planning
3. Weekend trip to Tan-Tar-A for Michaels drill
4. Quay's 40th Birthday party (which was the same weekend at Tan-Tar-A and made for one very busy weekend)
5. Trying to keep my house clean and failing (that's actually what I should be working on right now, hmmm. . . naaaa, just say no to housework!)

My main focus of the wedding planning right now is trying to decide where I want to do the reception at. My first choice was already booked. Stinks! I have a few places I am considering right now, but I am ready to get that locked in. One less thing to stress over :)

Last weekend was the crazy busy weekend. We went to Tan-Tar-A for Michael's last drill weekend with the 35th Engineer Brigade. It was a re-integration and training drill. He will be transferred back to the 1107th AVCRAD in enough time for their October drill. They already have a tentative date to head back overseas, which kindof stinks, but its also kindof good to know so far ahead that it is tentatively scheduled. The date is January 2010, so about another year and 3 months at home. We already said we need to make the most of summer of 2009, since he will be gone the summer after that.

Our hotel room at Tan-Tar-A was nice, but not as nice as the Hilton Promenade at Branson Landing that the Army put us in at his drill in August. We had a corner room with a little deck that had a fairly nice view. The room had two doubles but that was fine. It also had a couch which was nice but I think when we first got there was the only time either of us sat on it.

While we were at Tan-Tar-A (and Osage Beach), we ate at a couple really good restaurants and rented a pontoon boat with Michael's roommate from deployment, Jake, and his girlfriend Laura. It was so, so nice to just be out cruising around on the lake. Makes me want a lakehouse and a boat. . . oh, dare to dream.


On Saturday we drove back to Springfield for Quay's 40th birthday. Quay has been a good friend of Michael's for a long time. We met up with them at Big Whiskey's and then walked next door to the Skinny Improv. We had a great time and loads of laughs. Quay's birthday had all of the Over the Hill stuff including a package of Depends undergarments that he was carrying around like a purse. While we were sitting at the Skinny Improv prior to the show a bunch of the group decided they should wear the Depends (I think that might have been brought on my the alchohol) so Quay started throwing them around the audience. One of the moments that stands out clearly is when the first guy took the stage and was talking to the audience, he stopped mid-sentence and said, "Are you guys wearing diapers?". It was great! We drove back to Tan-Tar-A that night and crashed into bed.


On Sunday the drill stuff was done about 10:30 am so Michael and I went with Jake and Laura to her family's lakehouse about 30 minutes from where we were. Michael and I had brought the SurfBikes, so we played around on those for awhile. I am terrible on them, but Michael does really well. He has had them forever and every summer since we have been together he has talked about getting them out, but this was the first time we actually followed through. As I was pointing out to Michael though (because he didn't believe me that I had never ridden them with him), he was gone all of the summer of 2005, and 2007. I don't have any pics of us on the SurfBikes yet, I have to get them from Jake and Laura.

So last weekend was crazy and this weekend I am just relaxing. We are headed out to my parents later this evening but Michael is still at work right now.

My last post I did mention that we went on a picnic with Beth at Close Memorial Park. Here a a few shots from then that I got from her. She had a nice spread prepared and it was really yum!


I promise to be back in less than a month.

Until then,

Lisa

No comments: