Sunday, February 7, 2010

Pictures as promised..

Well lets start with my new computer that I got about a week ago.  I am so excited to have a new computer because my laptop was just starting to have way too many problems!  It is an all-in-one so there is no separate cpu which is actually really nice.  Everything is in the monitor and then it has a wireless keyboard and a wireless mouse.  I still don't have it moved upstairs but I did get a lot of my stuff transferred over to it today! 
Next we have pictures from Michael's Departure Ceremony.  There were tons of peope there and I tried not to cry at all, but it just didn't work.  I held it together fairly well until they let everyone go have 5 minutes with family before loading up on the bus.  While hugging Michael right then is when it hit me the most that day.  I think the hardest part is seeing other people's family members crying, especially the kids.  It's heartbreaking.

I love this boy!!
Michael and his mom saying goodbye
Loading up the bus and waving goodbye.

In some ways I am looking forward to the next year and in other ways I am not at all. I am hoping to get a lot done around the house and lots of scrapbooking done while he is gone, but it will be lonely without him here.  I am actually working on some goals for stuff I want to get done while he is gone.  None of them are very specific, just generalized ideas about stuff I want to do or work on...so I will post them once I have them figured out.  Hopefully staying busy will help the time go by more quickly! 

Onto the next picture topic. . .as I mentioned in the last post I went for a little retail therapy after he left. I didn't really spend a ton, but it did make me feel better :)

Before shopping, Michael's mom and I actually went and had a delicious lunch at Panera...potato soup and asiago roast beef sandwhich...Yummy!!  These are my purchases from the thrift store....crystal fruit bowl, green tupperware bowl, valentines magnets, and a wooden storage bench. 

 
I am actually the most excited about the wooden storage bench because I have been thinking about one of these since we moved in to put in the living room to contain all the Wii stuff.  I am going to finish it differently and then put a cushion on it with some cute fabric that matches my living room rugs.  The next picture is the storage bench already getting put to use...yay!!

After the thrift store Theresa headed home and I went to Target to buy my nephew a birthday present and maybe buy myself something.  I did buy him a cute little bathtub toy shaving kit. . . and I bought myself a couple somethings.  I am not one of those people that can spend $100 on a purse. . . I don't think I have ever spent over $50 on one, but a new purse always makes the day a little brighter...especially if its shiny!!
In addition to the purse I bough myself a cookbook rack.  I have cooked for a long time and never really wanted one of these until about a month ago...but since then I have seriously desired one!  Today was apparently the day to give in to that desire...at least it was only $15 because I have a lot of other desires that are going to cost more than that!!  Isn't it cute though...and it looks so good with a cookbook on.  ;)
While leaving Target I remembered that I had a Starbucks gift card in my wallet...so yay for a Mocha Frappachino!
Lets see...what else do we have...oh yeah, the birthday party that I had to buy the gift for.  After I left Target I headed out to Laura's house where I helped her do a little prep for the party...after I switched everything over to my new purse of course! 

Slowly everyone arrived and then the chaos that is our family began!  This is just some pictures that I took throughout the evening...mostly focusing on the kiddos!  I can tell you one thing, I forgot how much kids love balloons but last night was definitely a reminder.  I got all the kids into a picture except Trey...he wasn't interested but when I saw how he was wearing his safety goggles I had to take a pic and he was all smiles!
The birthday boy with the gift I got him.  Laura has no idea where this cheesy smile that almost looks like a snarl comes from.  He will smile normally unposed but if you tell him to smile this is what you get!
Then this last picture of Shane I think he is trying to do as he is told and let Cole open his own presents but I think it is getting to the point that he can't just stand back and watch any longer...the excitement is just too great!  All of these kids are so amusing!!

Well. . .I think that's all for now.  While typing this post I have discovered that my new wireless keyboard is not as fantastic as I had hoped...it keeps skipping letters because I type too fast for it.  With that being said, I think I have caught all the missed letters but if there is a typo somewhere...deal with it!  This next sentence I am just going to type normal and see how much my keyboard misses. 

I think I am going to go watch a movie now since I don't have a care in the world about the Superbowl, ad all of the commecials tha I might wat to see will probabl be available onlne tomorrow!

Yeah, so I think I am going to have to get a different keyboard because six errors in one sentence is pretty bad....

That's all for now.  Michael if you are reading this I love you and I miss you tons!
Lis

No comments: