Tuesday, June 8, 2010

30/50 Mile June Walk/Run Challenge

Michael found out about this Walk/Run Challenge on Facebook and signed up which brought several more people into signing up.  I debated about whether or not I wanted to do it and ended up deciding why the heck not!  This is the info off of Facebook regarding the June challenge...I wonder if there will be a new challenge in July?

On the heels of Richard Reed's very successful 3000 Push-Up Challenge this month, a group of Beachbody Coaches and friends have teamed up to create this next event.

The plan is to get outdoors, get some fresh air and make some tracks. Nearly everyone can walk and/or run 30 miles in 30 days if the put their mind to it, and maybe you will CHALLENGE YOURSELF and go for the 50 miles. Your choice; 30, 50, or more. Walk or run in the morning with your dog, at lunch at work,on a treadmill, at a park, or after dinner with friends or family.
Bicycle riders, you are welcome, too. But to make it fair, any (responsible) kid or adult on a bike, rollerblades or Razor needs to do double-distance. So it's 60 or 100 miles for you. Get in your car and measure your route using the odometer if need be.
This is an open event: anyone can join in. To re-post on your wall, just click "Share", or invite guests by clicking "Invite people to come".
Team Beachbody coaches, let's make this huge. We are a large group, helping people improve their health and reach their fitness goals. We don't just talk the talk, we walk the walk. Re-post and get ur peeps onboard!
Feel free to post comments below, including your progress over the 30 days. Take a pic of you and friends/family walking or running anywhere and everywhere. Maybe we'll have a contest at the end for silliest or funniest pic, or most unusual place you walk or run. Course, we'll need a prize for that contest....
Created by Kim Aquino www.beachbodycoach.com/coachk1
Richard Reed www.beachbodycoach.com/reedman
Chris Reed www.beachbodycoach.com/chrisreed
Susan Painter www.teambeachbody.com/susanpainter
and Craig Helmecki

I am still glad that I decided to go for this challenge even though I haven't been excellent at it so far.  I am just aiming for the 30 mile goal which works out to about a mile a day for the month of June.  Today is day 8 and I am at 7.25 miles, so a little behind. 
 
Tonight after work I went 1.85 miles and it was quite muggy outside.  The whole time I was walking the sky kept being lit up by distant lightning...I say distant because it was too far away to have any thunder associated with it.  Along with watching the lightning illuminate the sky, I also watched lightning bugs...tons and tons of lighning bugs.  It really is incredible how many are out here and it made me so happy to not be walking on my old street in Springfield!
 
Beth pointed me too this really nice website that helps you figure out the distance you have walked/ran.  Although I can't do the street view because it doesn't show that the streets by my house even exist!  I have to do the satellite view, but I think that actually works better for me. 
 
That's really all I have to share right now.  I wanted to be in bed by 10:30pm and it is already 11:15 pm so I am going to call it a day!  I am hoping to get up in the morning and go walk again...but I have been meaning to do that for a couple days already and it hasn't happened.  I have a horrible time getting out of bed in the morning...the monster in my bed just won't let me ;]
 
Goodnight!
Lisa

No comments: