Friday, June 11, 2010

Coldstone and camera fun...

I ended up spending most of this last weekend in Springfield with Beth.  Saturday I met her and Jade and we went thrift shopping ( I bought a mirror for the entry) and then Beth and I did some fun shopping after Jade had to leave.  We went to Scrapbook Generation, Jewelry Galore, Hobby Lobby, Barnes and Noble, and we had a late lunch/early dinner at Cheddars.  It had been forever since I had been in Scrapbook Generation and I walked in there telling myself there was probably nothing I needed to buy and walked out with almost $20 of paper and a few other goodies.  The next place, Jewelry Galore, well let's just say I am in loovvee!  My wallet would probably be better off if Beth hadn't introduced me to this store, but when a necklace is only $1 its really hard to resist. :)  In Barnes and Noble we actually split up immediately and then when we found each other we were carrying around the same little pink notebook.  Not only do we both go for the notebook that we probably don't need because we already have a ton at home, but we both pick the same one out of multiple choices.  You know what they say about great minds :)

I really wasn't as happy with Chili's as I usually am...it seems they kind of modified what I normally get and I didn't think it was anywhere near as good and kindof hard to eat.  Anyway, the rest of Saturday we mainly just relaxed around her place.  Sunday we got up and she was supposed to go to work and me to church, but that didn't happen.  Instead we went and walked 3.25 miles, came home and showered, worked on some scrapbook planning, and then walked to Coldstone Creamery to get ice cream.  Which is what all of the following pictures are from :)
She got the Coffee lover's only and I got That's How I Roll and it was delicious!
After we got out ice cream we started walking back to her place and then popped a squat on the edge of a nearby flowerbed. 
My ice cream was WONDERFUL!  I love pecans in ice cream!
Apparently Beth loved hers too...seeing as how she is trying to get every last drop out of the cone :) 

The rest of these pictures are just fun ones that we started taking on my camera after we finished our ice cream.  I love the FX Camera app on my Droid!  It has all these cool picture features...

Fisheye...
ToyCam...
Polandroid (gotta love how they fit android into that :)...
SymmetriCam...
and AndyWarholizer...
plus it just has a regular camera feature also of course.

After we finally quit playing around with the cameras we headed back to her apartment where we just lazed around for the rest of the day and then I came home way too late considering the next day was Monday!  Although not as late as I am staying up right now...yikes...I just looked at the time!  I gotta hit the hay!

Only other thing I have to say is that Michael and I's first wedding anniversary is in just a few more days and I assumed we would just celebrate when he got home for R&R and who knew if we were going to do any gifts or not.  Well, he called me at work today and told me that afterwork I needed to go by Helzberg and pick up my anniversary gift.  I had a feeling it was the ring I told him before that I wanted...and I was right!  The salespeople at Helzberg said that he was so sweet for calling that in while overseas...I just smiled because I know they are right :) 

I'm out...
Lis

No comments: