Thursday, June 3, 2010

Random bits...

So a few posts ago I reference how I had bought one other thing that I said would make Memorial Day weekend better.  This is what I bought...a patio set, which means I accomlished #35 on my list.

It was really nice to have the option of sitting out on the deck while everyone was over for Memorial day (although we celebrated on Sunday).  Even though it looked like rain for awhile and we could see lightning and hear thunder, it never rained on us!  Beth stayed the night with me so later that night we sat out on the deck talking and the next morning we had brunch out there.  The first picture is from our Memorial Day party on Sunday when just Laura's family and Beth were there.  The other picture is from our brunch on Monday morning...french toast, leftover deviled eggs, watermelon, and pineapple....yum!  It was extremely nice sitting out there that morning because the sun was hitting the other side of the house and there was a nice breeze blowing across the open fields nearby. 

That means that these are the goals that I have accomlished from my list...
1. Goal #3 - buy an SLR camera
2. Goal #25 - hang photos and vinyl cling in bedroom
3. Goal #26 - get wedding rings soldered
4. Goal #29 - have a garage sale
5. Goal #35 - buy patio furniture (see photos above)

Not very many really...5 out of 50...guess I better get my rear in gear :(

These are the other goals I have started though, and there are more of them so that's good :)
1. Goal #1 - attend 2 more Barbershop International conventions.  Plane tickets are purchased and hotel room is booked, so ready to get this one started.  We will be in Philadelphia in less than a month!  This goal won't really be complete though until after the next Convention next summer, which is in KC.
2. Goal #8 - get to a healthy weight.   This goal is in process and I have lost some, but I still have a ways to go. 
3. Goal #12 - get professional pictures of Michael and I.  I have booked a photographer to do a little photo shoot with Michael and I while he is on R&R...so coming up soon!  It is a photographer from our church that is just starting out so she gave us a great price.  I am thinking that instead of Christmas pictures every year like a lot of families do, we might do family pictures every June around our anniversary.  I guess we'll see though!
4. Goal #13 - scrapbook up to date, or at least more current.  I actually debated whether or not I should say this goal was in process.  I just started working on my scrapbook again after months of not touching it and I am still so far behind.  But I did finish one page so I guess I am a little closer :)
5. Goal #14 - start taking lots of pictures again...bring camera everywhere.  I have taken a lot more pictures in the last couple months than I did in the several months before that.  I don't want to say I have accomplished this goal yet though just to keep it as a reminder to document my life with film ;]
6. Goal #17 - Take at least one trip to Chicago.  I am saying this goal is in process because Beth and I made some great plans this last weekend and have already made tracks in setting our plans in stone.  Hopefully, by the end of this weekend they will be!
7.  Goal #19 - Window coverings on every window in the house.  This goal is started because I finally got blinds and curtains on my living room windows and OMG does it make a difference in keeping some heat out of the house! 


8.  Goal #30 - Organize craft stuff/office stuff upstairs.  A few weeks ago I spent 10 hours one weekend working on the bonus room upstairs that serves as the craft room/office.  I did post the before pics so you can go back and look at those.  The after pics I posted were just after about 5 hours, so there is more accomplished than that, but still not all done.  Can't wait to share the after pics because that means it will be all clean and organized!
9.  Goal # 36 - Read 30 books.  I am about 6 books into this goal that includes some J.K. Rowling, Stephenie Meyer, Bess Streeter Aldrich, and Maeve Binchy.  It has been over a month though since I read the last one so I guess its about time to pick up a new book!
10.  Goal #37 - Blog at least once a week.  This is a goal that runs for the duration of the 500 days so I won't be able to say how close I made it until the end of the time frame.  I am counting a week as Sunday to Saturday and so far I have missed one week that I didn't do a blog post.
11.  Goal #46 - See 10 movies in the theatre.  So far I have only seen one, Iron Man 2, but that's enough for me to say that this goal has been started :)
12. Goal #48 - Go see a play or musical.  I have decided what I want to see but I guess that's really as close as I am right now.  I am going to see if I can go get tickets tomorrow!

So that's what is started.  Still leaves several for me to accomlish...but I do still have a little over a year to get them all done.  :)

I also started another goal that kind of goes along with #6 and #8 on my list.  It is also what I referenced last night saying there was something else I really wanted to get accomplished last night...but I didn't :(  I'll be back to talk more about that later.  For now I am ready to get off of here and the last thing I have to say is that I finally made it to my 100th post!!  Yay...as horns blow and confetti falls...at least in my head anyway!  It has taken me so long to reach the 100th post mark, but I guess that's what happens when you take a 3 month break, and then a 6 month break.  :)

That's all I have for now.  TTYL!
Lis

No comments: