Sunday, June 13, 2010

Bowling and the Bee...

Last night turned into a really late night!  But it did get a late start since our Tent Theatre play was at midnight.  I left my house and met Beth, Matt, Josh, and Karen at the bowling alley.  I intended to just pick Beth up, but after getting there ended up staying a bowling one game (after Beth and I ran to her apt to get me some socks!)  I bowled a 103, which sucks for a lot of people, but that is a really good score for me...I am a TERRIBLE bowler!  This is just a couple shots from the bowling alley...
By the time we finished our game it was about 11:40 pm and Beth and I had to get over to our play.
The play was really, really funny and I am so glad we went for the midnight showing which is the one performance with original lyrics...meaning mature language.  It was absolutely HILARIOUS...I laughed so much! 
One of my favorite lines was actually something that most people might not think was funny...but I guess I'm not most people :)  At one point in the production Olive Ostrovsky says, "...if you took the W in answer, the H in ghost, the extra A in aardvark, and the T in listen you could keep saying "WHAT?" but no one would hear you because the whole word would be silent!"   Her delivery on this line was great!  Also, the comments introducing the participating audience members had the whole crowd laughing.  I don't think I could have stood there with a straight face.  I would have blushed at what they said (seeing as how it was the mature language show) or else been unable to control my laughter.  Oh, also, one of the audience participants had the word astronomer and when he asked VP Panch to use it in a sentence this is what he said..."after it was determined that Pluto is not a planet, astronomers are taking a closer look at Uranus".  It made me laugh...along with most of the crowd!  
Beth, what other funny lines do you remember?  Overall very good first Tent Theatre experience and glad that I bought season passes for the season.  Also happy to have accomplished another thing off of my list!

Well, after leaving the play we drove to Steak and Shake for some food.  We both had a frisco melt...me chicken and Beth beef.  It was yummy and the fries really hit the spot...as did the strawberry shake I had with it!
After we got back to her apt, we took an 'end of the night' shot and I must say we do not look too bad considering that it was about 3:30am! 
That's all for now!  Hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday!
Lisa

No comments: