Thursday, May 6, 2010

mail call....and a gift for me ;)

So I was really happy the other day because I received a sweet little card in the mail from Michael a couple days ago.  The card was very sweet and the envelope alone made me smile.  Look at the little hearts...doesn't it just make you smile.  <3 <3
I mentioned yesterday that I was a little later getting home Monday night because I ran an errand....well...this was my errand. 
.
.
.
.
.

Ta Da!!
after wanting one for over three years I finally bought an SLR camera and I am so excited to learn how to use it.  You know what else...that knocks #3 off of my list of things I want to accomplish.  Yay!
It does have the nice easy full auto capability still, but all the other things I can do with it will be lots of fun to learn how to use...and I am assuming it will take me a bit to get it all down. 
so happy to have a new toy!

I wanted to go ahead and buy it now because I wanted it for June when Michael comes home for R&R and I figured it would probably be good to get accustomed to it some before then.  Now I will also have it for our trip to Philadelphia June 28th-June 4th!  I am so happy I get to see Michael soon and also excited for Philadelphia.  I love the Barbershop Convention aspect, but also just being in Philly and getting to look around will be fun.  Since we went to the one in Anaheim for our honeymoon it almost seems like International convention is when our anniversary is...even though we actually got married a few weeks before.  Of course that thought is also helped by the fact that Michael will not be home yet on our actual anniversary, but he will be home a week or so later and then we will again head to the International Convention.  Some people think this should bother me that so far two major times in our relationship will end up being spent at an International Convention, but I really don't mind at all.  Now if I wasn't going and he still was then it might bother me, but we are still together, still on vacation, and still experiencing new things together.  Obviously he loves the barbershop aspect of it more than I do, but I still find it enjoyable, and if it gives me a reason to travel then I am all for it! 

Hmmm....I actually need to find my lanyard that we bought me last year for my convention pass.  Now after this year I will have two convention pins and if I add many more to that number in the coming years I am okay with that!  These are the places we will probably be traveling in the next several years for more conventions:
2011- Kansas City, MO, which isn't much traveling but it will still be fun
2012 - Portland, Oregon, never been to Oregon so excited about this one
2013- Toronto, Ontario, Canada - I know its just barely into Canada, but I am very excited about this one. 
 I have been to Canada before but not since I was very young...maybe early teens.  We were already in Michigan visiting family and we drove up to see the Soo Locks and crossed over into Sault Ste. Marie (which is also in Ontario).  I remember very little about that trip other than the fact that we did visit a souvenir shop and I bought a Canada postcard (which I still have) and received Canadian change back (which was a big deal at the time).

Oh my gosh I am rattling on....I need to go take out my contacts and go to bed.  My eyes have been driving me nuts the last couple days and I am on my last pair of contacts.  I did call and set an eye appt, but not til next Friday. 

My aunt Jen, uncle Jon, and my 4 cousins (Savannah, Caleb, Isaac, and Sierra) are coming into town this weekend and I am looking forward to seeing them.  It has been a while and I am looking forward to their visit. 
Gotta go...LMH

No comments: