Friday, May 28, 2010

3 day weekend...finally!

I have been looking forward to this weekend for a while now...mainly just because work has been so busy ready to have some time away.  It has been over a week since I have been on here and there are a couple things that have happened since then.  First thing is I got glasses...yay!  This is actually the first pair of glasses I have gotten in over 6 years!  I never really bothered before because I wear my contacts like 24/7.  Of course, I hated the glasses I did have and they were an old prescription so I refused to wear them out.  Now I actually have the option to wear my glasses for the day...which I took advantage of today.  It is quite an adjustment though after hardly wearing them at all for so long! 
Last weekend I went shopping with Becky in the morning and then went and hung out with Beth later in the day.  Beth made me dinner, chicken enchiladas...yummy!  We wanted to go see Iron Man 2 in the theatre because I thought the first one was really good and we had heard a lot of good things about Iron Man 2.  It did not disappoint!  I thought it was really good.  We watched the first one at Beth's house before we took off for the theatre.  This was my start at one of my other goals to accomplish before I turn 30...#46 - see 10 movies in the theatre.  One down...nine to go!
Back to the shopping with Becky topic I spent entirely too much money last weekend!  However, i did buy a few things that I have been putting off for a while.  I bought some clothes, shoes, a couple decorative metal pieces, and miniblinds, curtains for the living room windows (which is a start at #19, window coverings on all windows in the house).  Unfortunately, I have yet to put it all up.  I actually tried to hang the blinds the other evening, but got frustrated with it all because I don't think I can do it on my own and the evening kind of spiraled down from there.  But we are not going to think about that...I don't break down much over the whole Michael being gone thing...but when I do it's a doozy!  I'm in a much better mood now though. :)

And then as if I didn't spent enough on Saturday I went shopping again on Sunday looking for a particular thing that will make this weekend much better.  That's when i really spent a ton!  Of course I also accomplished something else on my list...yay!  I will tell you what it is after I take some pictures!

I guess that's all I have for the moment.  Looking forward to the three day weekend and have lots that I want to get accomplished in the way of cleaning, organizing my house, and preparing for Sunday.  Sunday evening I am having my family come over for a cookout.  I don't really have anything ready for it yet and some stuff i would love to have done around the house first.  Then Beth is staying the night and we are going to do some crafting....I think some scrapbooking which neither of us have none in a while...especially her :)

see ya!
Lisa

No comments: