Sunday, May 16, 2010

always good to see family...

I already mentioned in a blog post that my Aunt Jen, Uncle Jon, and cousins were all in town last weekend, which made for a crazy fun filled, but tiring weekend.  I ended up traveling to Fordland three times last weekend...on Friday, Sat, and Sun!  Luckily I only had to drive two of the times because I rode out with Beth on Friday. 

Friday started out with me going to meet Beth at her apartment afterwork and then us driving out to Fordland to pick up my cousin Savannah.  They already had plans for her to stay the night with Beth, so we made a quick drive to Fordland to pick her up and then back into Springfield where we went and ate at the Grotto upon Beth's recommendation.  It was my first time eating there and I had a hard time picking what I wanted because so many items sounded good.  I ended up going with a chicken sandwich with pineapple on, which was very tasty, but I don't remember what it was called.  I tried a bite of Beth's pizza too and it was also delicious, as were the bacon cheese fries she ordered for the table (oh yeah, my diet went right out the window last weekend and I spent this week getting back to where I was!). 

After eating we went to Walmart so Beth could get groceries and if you think there is not fun to be had at Walmart you are so wrong!  I took over my position as cart-pusher from back in the days that Beth and I lived together and always went grocery shopping together.  Savannah and I followed Beth around laughing as she wandered from aisle to aisle and back again (shame on you Beth for not having your list in order of aisle...just kidding!)  I ended up making some impulse purchases...chocolate milk and a new kind of M&M with pretzel inside, which were a good combo of sweet and salty.  After we got groceries we realized we forgot some things on the other side of the store so we kindof went backwards and eventually we found ourselves looking...and listening to...lots of Mother's Day cards.  I picked out some funny ones with sound for my Mama and MIL.  We talked about getting a movie at redbox when we left but nothing struck our fancy so we just went back to Beth's apartment where we hung around lazily for the rest of the night and watched movies.  It took the three of us a bit to settle on one of the hundreds available between what Matt and Beth have and while discussing realized we all liked Amanda Bynes so we watched "She's the Man" which is always funny!  After that I thought about leaving put succumbed to peer pressure and borrowed some sleepy pants from Beth and settled in for the night...and we watched Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs.  Of course it was funny...what else would you expect from Ice Age!

Next morning I got up and showered and then drove home, just to drive back into Springfield within an hour because I had to work.  After work, I headed out to Fordland for the rest of the evening where we had a good cook out with yum food and homemade strawberry shortcake for dessert!  Actually we also had some chocolate mousse type thing that Laura made which I thought was fantastic also....see what I mean though, I mean how could a diet possibly survive?  Our family is loud just with us kids and our families...then it gets really loud when you add some other relatives into the mix.  Along with Jon and Jen's crew, Paul was also there with a friend and Olivia...there was a lot of people and a lot of noise, but I think it's fun!

These are pictures of Saturday out in Fordland.....

Becky and Miss Taylor Addison
Aunt Jen and Uncle Jon
Me trying to capture Cole for a picture
Our kiddos playing with our cousins in the sandbox
Laura and pretty Sasha
my beautiful cousin, Savannah, and I
the backside of Mama and Daddy's house
my dear father who isn't as gruff as he wants you to think, notice the smile playing at the corner of his lips
Beth and I, now that she lost all that weight she makes me look fatter :(  I'm going to try to catch her though...
What's a cookout without yummy brats...
Aunt Jen and I
Paul (well, Uncle Paul but apparently us calling him that makes him feel old) enjoying some of the delicious dessert...and the face is only a partial exaggeration.  It was delicious!
Mi wonderful madre and Beth

Well...that's all folks...hope you enjoyed.  I am going to go jump in the shower and go to bed.  I spent another several hours today working on the bonus room (in other words the room where everything goes to hide) and all the boxes/bags have been gone through now except for one.  Next will be time to tackle the stacks of stuff and all of my crafting stuff I piled in one corner.  Maybe next weekend....

Tomorrow is Monday and that makes me sad :(
Lisa

No comments: