Friday, January 23, 2009

Time flies

oh my goodness. . . how time flies. . . I had not realized it had already been a week since I was on here until Beth told me last night that I needed to put something new on my blog. Oh well. . . so the wedding show last Sunday was fun. . . but extremely exhausting! I ended up staying too late out at my parents the night before, and Friday night I ended up staying up too late going through all of the wedding info I had and chucking the stuff from old ideas and places that I have since decided against. When I sat down to do that it was about 9pm and I thought I'd be done in about an hour. . . holy crap was I wrong. When I was done going through everything and organizing it better I looked at the clock at it was 1am! I was very happy I got it done though.

At the wedding expo, Theresa and I tried different cakes from different places and then all we wanted was something to drink because it was too much sugar. I registered for some prize drawings, but no one called me over this last week so I am pretty sure I did not win anything. Oh well. . . One of the things I had been thinking would be fun to have at the reception would be a photobooth, but I figured it was too expensive so I didn't really check into it. Well, they had a photo booth at the expo so Theresa and I jumped in for some quick pics. It was so loud in there though you could not hear the click when it was going to take the picture, so they are not the best pics. After doing it and talking to the guy it would be lots of fun to have at the reception, but alas just as I figured, the cost is more than I wanted. After we left the expo my mind was absolutely racing with ideas so I have some decorating ideas that I am thinking about. Well, since I was last one here I have finished the 5th and 6th books in the Harry Potter series. I am so horrible about putting a good book down. I will stay up way too late and ignore everything else to keep reading. I think this is one of the reasons I really don't read so much anymore, because I become obsessed with it until I am done. Michael thinks I am crazy because he's not really much of a reader.

I have actually already started the 7th and final book also in the series. I think I am getting ready to start Chapter 8. I read some last night but forced myself to put it down and put it back on the shelf for the weekend. When Michael left for work today, he asked me what I was doing and I said, "Not reading!" because I eeded to catch up a mountain of dirty dishes, and a mountain of dirty laundry. Along with just some general house cleaning and then wedding planning.
Well, I slept in a little this morning, but since then I have been fairly productive. I got my mountain of dishes done, and I am currently still working on the mountain of laundry (which reminds me, I need to go switch out the loads and get another started). I have also gotten other cleaning and cooking and organizing done. I called and set an appointment to get my hair cut, which I have needed done for quite some time. I am going at 8:30 am tomorrow before I have to go to work at 10am. Yeah, tomorrow is my Saturday to work which stinks but at least its only for 4 hours max. Michael is working tomorrow also though.
So I am getting excited about our honeymoon. I guess I can still call it that. Right after the wedding we are only going away for a few days to somewhere within 3/4 hour drive. Then about the first 2 weeks of July we are going to Anaheim, CA. Half the time there will be spent at the International Barbershop Convention, but the rest we are on our own. I am not positive we will stay in Anaheim after the convention, but I am excited to go do Disneyland, the beach, and all the other stuff I am sure we can find to do in and around Orange County.
I know that it is not technically even the weekend yet, but it makes me sad knowing that it will be Monday again in no time. As I already said, I work tomorrow and then we are going out to Fordland to celebrate my mom's birthday. Sunday will be church/church dinner and then I imagine we will be going to the trailer that Michael owns out in Pleasant Hope. The tenants that he has had for the last several years moved out the first of the year so we are trying to get it cleaned and fixed up to get re-rented. Unfortunely, they kind of trashed parts of it. Michael told me I could come out and help paint tonight, but I think I am going to pass on that.
Well, I should get off of here and get back to working on some stuff. I have some phone calls I need to make before places start closing for the weekend.
be back soon,
Lisa
P.S. There are a few random spots on past blogs that Michael wanted to go back and make some comments too. I think anything he wrote in put in blue.

No comments: