Saturday, January 31, 2009

I'm ready to crash. . .

Today was a busy day but I got a lot accomlished. My mom, Beth, and I met up this morning and went and ordered our wedding cake and grooms cake. They are both going to look so nice! After that we ran to Kohls and Davids Bridal, then over to my reception location so my mom and Beth could see it. It helps so much that I am no longer trying to visualize what I want it to look like by myself. While there, I actually ended up booking it for the day before the wedding also. It is just going to make everything so, so, so much easier. We will be able to decorate the day before which means on the wedding day, less stress. That is definitely a good thing! I was already starting to worry about getting it all decorated and set up because I would not have been able to stay very long before having to go and start hair and makeup. After going there we went and ate at Steak n' Shake, and went to the quilt store. We were talking about going to a rental place to talk about tent/tables/chairs, but I decided I wanted to wait another week on that stuff. We also talked about heading to a party store, but we were all tired already so we all headed home.

Beth and I were home for about an hour and a half before we headed out to Rogersville for Cole's 2nd birthday party. Those kids are so crazy!! Unfortunately, I did not take any pictures to show.

Since we got home I have just been trying to get my house all cleaned up and ready for another week. Between church, choir practice, and a superbowl party tomorrow; I am not going to be home at all.

The following are what I spent Friday evening and the hour and a half today working on. . . more pages for our wedding guest book.
This one the heart is made out of microbeads. Cutting the double sided tape into the heart shape was kindof a pain in the butt. . . but I think it looks nice.
Beth actually started this one with the big heart painted around it. . .meaning she painted the heart, but I touched it up and got it finished yesterday.

I don't really have anything else new going on. The snow is starting to melt and the roads are all slushy and yucky. Hopefully it will all be gone soon. This coming week I work all 5 days which stinks, but I do get off at 5pm everyday. I haven't gotten off that early M-Th since I started working there. It will be interesting having some sort of evening again.
I am thinking about starting to tan next week. Not for sure though. Beth and I talked about going together on the nights that Michael has quartet practice or barbershop.
Well I am fairly certain that I am just rambling now. I think that it is time for me to go jump in the shower and head for bed.
Hope to be back soon.
Lisa

No comments: