Thursday, April 22, 2010

Where in the world are we...

We are somewhere that we did a lot of walking around...although no where near as much as I have during other times I have been there.  When we first met up I realized that Beth and I were wearing the same shoes...just different colors.  Knowing she would be game, before we left for the day we did a cute foot shot...at least I think its really cute. ;)
One of the shops we visited while we were there has this incredible collection of cookie cutters...just about anything you could possibly want!  I love cookie cutters but I am not entirely sure why seeing as how I think making roll out cookies is too much of a pain to do very often.  I guess when I do make them though I want to be able to make them all cute and stuff!
This picture was taken while we were waiting to get on something...any idea what? 
If you guessed the train at Silver Dollar City then you are correct...yea!  Woot! Woot!  It had been a long time since I took the train at SDC and the ride has changed a little from what I remember...but not much.  Still the same old storyline about the train getting held up but there was a lot more comedy in it than I remember...even if most of it was more roll your eyes than actually laugh.  It still made you smile at least. 
While at SDC we had to go for a couple of the tried and true favorites...although one of them desperately failed to live up to its expectations.  What is a visit to SDC without some kettle corn, some salt water taffy, and a yummy, gooey, oh so incredibly delicious funnel cake!
Beth bought the kettlecorn to snack on while we were watching a harpist from Ireland.  It was really pretty and unfortunatly it was WorldFest and that is really the only show we caught.  We went down with Mama and Daddy on April 11th because we convinced them to use their bring a friend free passes for WorldFest on us.  Anyway, the kettle corn was apparently a bitter disappoinment...at least for Beth...I thought it was okay even if not fantastic.  Beth and I went in together and bought some of the salt-water taffy...just a few pieces for each of us of each kind that we wanted.  It was fun going through the bins and picking out the ones that we wanted and we had a very colorful bag by the time we were done.  I have decided I really liked the blue raspberry and the peach.  They were yummy!

I am thankful that Mama and Daddy did take us in with them because I had originally been wanting to buy season passes this year for Michael and myself, but then we found out he was deploying so I decided to forgo those for now.  If you remember though my list of 50 things to accomplish before I turn 30 then you will know that I now plan to buy 2011 season passes for Michael and I.  One thing I definitely want to do next year is go down into the cave.  It has been years since I went down!

Growing up my mom always had cookie cutters...not a ton but some.  She had four of them that went together and they were the shapes of the four different suits in a deck of cards.  I'm not sure about all of them, but I definitely remember these cookie cutters of hers being orange.  Well, when we were in the kitchen shop with all of the cookie cutters I saw these four on the wall and I grabbed them...and Beth followed suit.  Now I just need to have a party or something where I have an excuse to make cookies shaped in the four different card suits!
Overall SDC was fun and it was nice to go just the four of us.  Other than the train the only other ride we did was Lost River of the Ozarks and we all got quite soaked!  Daddy was not too thrilled about riding it in the first place, but he went along with us and we were all hoping that Mama would get drenched because she was the one that really wanted to ride it.  She did get drenched...but unfortunately so did the rest of us.  It was nice though to just wander in and out of all the shops and we didn't even come close to checking out all of the shops.  This year is the 50th Anniversary for SDC and I wanted to get a postcard that said that since this is prob my only time going this year, but surprisingly I couldn't find one anywhere...so I just bought one with the train on since this was my first time riding the train in many years.


Yesterday I went and picked up my computer after work so now while I am trying on my laptop I am working on getting norton and other things loaded back onto my other computer.  It ended up having to have the hard drive replaced so hopefully everything runs better now.  I was originally thinking about upgrading to Windows 7 instead of Vista, but I might just wait a bit longer on that.  I do need to get my recovery disks made JIC but hopefully I will not ever need them.  They recommend buying the DVRs though and it will only take about 3 as to needing tons of CDs to put them on...so I can't make my recovery disks until I go buy some DVRs. 

I also went and got groceries after work last night and by the time I got home and got everything put all away I think it was 11pm and I was not tired at all so I ended up staying awake for too long.  I guess that's really all for now.  It's about time for me to hit the hay.  I have to be at work earlier tomorrow but I only work 4 hours thankfully.  I am so definitely ready for this work week to be over with!  But I do work 4 hours on Sat too and that is sad :(

Come what may <3
Lis

No comments: